November 4 at 9:00 am - 10:30 am
- This event has passed.
CVD Programme Workshop 2: Tools and support for Blood Pressure Optimisation in theory and practice
Cardiovascular disease Programme Workshop 2: Tools and support for Blood Pressure Optimisation in theory and practice
We are delighted to be hosting our second cardiovascular disease (CVD) workshop, together with our colleagues from Primary Care, UK Health Security Agency and Office for Health Improvement and Disparities and UCL Partners. On 4 November, 9am-10:30am, to support you in managing hypertension in your area.
At this workshop you will have the opportunity to:
- Hear about the UCLP framework: A roadshow about the Blood pressure optimisation (BPO) programme and the support available from Helen Williams, Consultant Pharmacist, National Specialty Advisor for CVD prevention, NHSEI, and UCLP
- Find out first-hand from your peers how to manage hypertension in your practice and community; Dr Orla Dunn Consultant in Public Health and Dr Solomon Lebese GP and Population Health Fellow, Wincanton Health Centre; Somerset
- Q&A session
Everyone is welcome; however, these workshops will be of particular interest to:
- Clinical pharmacists
- Lipid and Cardiology consultants
- Nurse practitioners and Cardiology specialist secondary nurses
- General Practice Nurses and Healthcare Assistants
- Commissioners, planners and practice managers
Other workshops dates:
- CVD Programme Workshop 3: Lipid pathways and blood pressure optimisation: Workforce models to manage patient cohorts 29 November 9am-10:30am sign-up here.
UCL partners frameworks: Hypertension
Digital Tools for Hypertension
Link to our programme website