March 10 at 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Maternity and Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme Network Event
We are delighted to announce that our next event for Phase 2 of the MatNeoSIP will be held on 10 March 2022
The event will provide opportunity to hear from the South West teams and the Clinical Improvement Leads as we move into the scale up of the Recognition and Deterioration workstream and the Optimisation and Stabilisation of the preterm infant.
The Patient Safety Network aims to bring together subject matter experts, leaders, service user representatives and anyone passionate about improving maternal and neonatal outcomes in a collaborative virtual space; to share and learn from your QI work, and to improve the outcomes for mothers and babies in the South West in line with the national aim.
The MatNeoSIP is led by the National Patient Safety team and covers all maternity and neonatal services across England; supported by 15 regionally–based Patient Safety Collaboratives the programme aims to:
• Improve the safety and outcomes of maternal and neonatal care by reducing unwarranted variation and providing a high quality healthcare experience for all women, babies and families across maternity and neonatal care settings in England.
• Contribute to the national ambition, set out in the NHS Maternity Transformation Programme and the National Maternity Review (Better Births) of reducing the rates of maternal and neonatal deaths, stillbirths, and brain injuries that occur during or soon after birth by 50% by 2025.
For more information please visit: https://www.england.nhs.uk/mat-transformation/maternal-and-neonatal-safety-collaborative/
This event will focus on the work happening in the South West region.
Everyone is welcome but the event will be of particular interest to:
• Maternity service providers of antenatal, intrapartum, and post-natal care
• Neonatal service providers
• Maternity Voice Partnerships
• South West Neonatal Delivery Network
• South West England Maternity Network
• Local Maternity and Neonatal Systems South West England
• Safety champions
• Voluntary, community and social enterprise sector
The event is a hybrid event and will be hosted within our offices in Exeter and online via Microsoft Teams, more information to follow.