14 December 2020 at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Maternity and Neonatal Safety Improvement Programme (MatNeoSIP) Patient Safety Network event
We are delighted to announce that our fourth event for Phase 2 of the MatNeoSIP will be held on Monday 14 December 2020.
Register free here now.
This virtual event will provide opportunity for a QI skills session and to hear from the South West teams. We will also hear about health inequalities in maternity systems and the impact on outcomes. The Patient Safety Network aims to bring together subject matter experts, leaders, service user representatives and anyone passionate about improving maternal and neonatal outcomes in a collaborative virtual space; to share and learn from your QI work, to improve the proportion of smoke free pregnancies in the South West in line with the national aim.
The MatNeoSIP is led by the National Patient Safety team and covers all maternity and neonatal services across England; supported by 15 regionally–based Patient Safety Collaboratives the programme aims to:
• Improve the safety and outcomes of maternal and neonatal care by reducing unwarranted variation and providing a high quality healthcare experience for all women, babies and families across maternity and neonatal care settings in England.
• Contribute to the national ambition, set out in the NHS Maternity Transformation Programme and the National Maternity Review (Better Births) of reducing the rates of maternal and neonatal deaths, stillbirths, and brain injuries that occur during or soon after birth by 50% by 2025.
You can find more information about the programme here.
Everyone is welcome to join, but the event will be of particular interest to:
• Maternity service providers of antenatal, intrapartum, and post-natal care
• Neonatal service providers
• Maternity Voice Partnerships
• Northern Neonatal Network
• Northern England Maternity Clinical Network
• Local Maternity Systems Northern England
• Safety champions
• Voluntary, community and social enterprise sector
The event will be held on Microsoft Teams and joining instructions will be circulated in due course with the agenda.