12 January 2021 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- This event has passed.
COVID Oximetry @home: an overview for primary care webinar
This webinar will highlight the association between oxygen saturations and COVID-19 which underpins the need for the COVID Oximetry @home pathway. Hosted by the Royal College of General Practitioners and the Academic Health Science Network (AHSN Network), it will share a collaborative approach to monitor and manage patients at risk of sudden deterioration.
The session will be chaired by Professor Maureen Baker, former Chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners, and hear from the following speakers:
- Gail Allsopp, Clinical lead for Clinical Policy, RCGP, and Medical Director for East Midlands AHSN
- Matt Inada-Kim, National Clinical Lead for Deterioration, NHS England and NHS Improvement
- Karen Kirkham, Clinical Lead for Dorset Integrated Care System
- Alison Tavaré, Clinical Lead for West of England AHSN and Regional Clinical Lead COVID Oximetry @home
The webinar will cover:
- Silent hypoxia, COVID-19 and emerging evidence
- The COVID Oximetry @home model and why it’s important
- NIHR evaluation of COVID Oximetry @home and opportunities to be involved
- Vulnerable patient groups including care home residents and people with a learning disability
This will be followed by a Q&A session.
Register here. It will be recorded and shared afterwards.
This is the fourth in a series jointly organised by the Royal College of General Practitioners and the AHSN Network. You can watch the other webinars here.