16 July 2020 at 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Webinar: The benefits of electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD)
From 25 June to 16 July, the South West Academic Health Science Network (SW AHSN) in partnership with the West of England Academic Health Science Network are hosting a four-part series of free learning sessions to help ease prescribing workload in primary care by making the most of electronic repeat dispensing (eRD).
Whilst you are busy doing great work in general practice, it can be challenging to keep up with new guidance and ways of working. As part of resilience efforts around COVID-19, NHS England has encouraged practices to optimise the benefits of Electronic Prescription Services (EPS) in two key ways:
- Switching patients still receiving paper prescriptions to EPS.
- Utilising eRD for suitable patients.
Our sessions aim to raise awareness of eRD, highlight implementation resources and share learning across our systems.
Each session, a maximum of one hour over a lunchtime period, is up-to-date with emerging guidance and good practice and will feature interactive live streamed learning and Q&A.
The sessions are suitable for the following practitioners working across General Practice:
- Nurse prescribers
- Specialist prescribers
- Practice managers
- Practice pharmacists
- Prescription clerk
- PCN pharmacists
- Community pharmacists
The series comprises four sessions, each covering a different topic area. We encourage you to sign up to all four sessions if you can.
- 25 June 2020 – The benefits of eRD based on experience from GP and CCG colleague
- 2 July 2020 – Using eRD to drive effective care planning
- 8 July 2020 – eRD, System collaboration and eRD Care homes
- 16 July 2020 – The benefits of eRD based on experience from GP and CCG colleague (this session is a repeat of the session on 25 June 2020)
- 23 July 2020 – eRD and community pharmacy
See our events listings for details of other sessions.
Please click here to register for this webinar and others.
For more information or if you have any questions please contact SW AHSN director of delivery, Stuart Monk (email@example.com).