Invention for Innovation Product Development Awards now open
The National Institute for Healthcare Research (NIHR) have announced the next two rounds of Invention for Innovation (i4i) Product Development Award competitions.
i4i is a translational funding scheme to advance healthcare technologies and interventions for increased patient benefit in areas of existing or emerging clinical need. The i4i Product Development awards support research and development of medical devices, active implantable devices and in vitro diagnostic devices.
The awards comprise both early and late stages of research and development, including the clinical development of laboratory-validated technologies or interventions.
Projects must have progressed beyond basic research and have demonstrated proof-of-concept. The expected output is an advanced or clinically validated prototype medical device, technology or intervention. Lead applicants may be from academia, industry or an NHS organisation.
Essential requirements for Product Development awards
- Any research and development (R&D) activities must be within the scope of the NIHR funding programmes
- A minimum of two organisations must be involved
- Lead applicants must be based in England
- Work packages must not include animal studies
- Projects must have progressed beyond basic research and have demonstrated proof-of-concept
Applicants and co-applicants need to register their details, including a professional and academic CV, using the online NIHR Central Commissioning Facility’s Research Management System (RMS).
Further information and more details on how to apply can be found here