SW AHSN members shortlisted for HSJ Patient Safety Awards
The HSJ Patient Safety Awards 2018 has finalised its shortlist, including six organisations from the South West. The winners will be announced in Manchester Central on 9 July 2018.
Now in their 10th year, the Patient Safety Awards continue to recognise and reward outstanding practice within the NHS and independent healthcare organisations.
This year’s finalists are judged to be those who have gone above and beyond to deliver exceptional patient care and safety. The projects submitted highlight and demonstrate constant innovation, as well as the drive to overcome challenges to put patients’ needs first.
We are proud to be working closely with each of the organisations as our members across the South West.
The shortlisted organisations in our region are:
- Product or Innovation – Public – Cornwall Partnership Foundation Trust, New pressure mat reduces the likelihood of a patient developing pressure injuries by identifying hot spots
- Care of Older People – South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust, Community First Responder Lifting Scheme
- Improving Safety in Medicines Management – Royal Cornwall Hospitals Trust, Intravenous Drug Witnessing
- Maternity and Midwifery Services – South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust and South Central Ambulance Service Foundation Trust, Pre-hospital Maternity Conference
- Information Technology – Royal Devon and Exeter Foundation Trust, Warfarin Reversal in Acute Bleeding – Streamlining the Process
- Mental Health and Learning Disabilities – Devon Partnership Trust, Personality Disorders – CHANGE Programme
- Perioperative and surgical care – Torbay and South Devon Foundation Trust, Implementing Patient Blood Management (PBM) to reduce the need for allogeneic blood In Surgery
To see the full shortlist, please click here.