SW AHSN supports the development of Community Education Provider Networks in South West
In mid-2015, ‘Health Education England, working across the South West’ (HEE) issued a call for proposals to develop Community Educational Provider Networks (CEPNs) across the country.
CEPN’s aim is to improve the health of the population through the training and development of the current and future primary and community care workforce.
In 2016 the South West Academic Health Science Network (SW AHSN) became involved and is now working collaboratively with HEE, South West to support the set-up and activity of CEPNs across the South West region.
The SW AHSN plans to hold a morning workshop on 01 March, 2016 for all those who have submitted bids to establish a CEPN.
The focus of this workshop will be:
• To review the bids submitted, consider common priorities and understand the geographical spread.
• Discuss the aims of a CEPN, the practicalities of how the networks will work and establish what is available by area.
• Consider how the funding available can be used most effectively.
Laura Wheeler, Programme Lead for Integrated Care, is leading this work on behalf of the SW AHSN and provides a handy summary of goals and activities on this project to date:
The purpose of the CEPNs is to:
• Support workforce planning by responding to local workforce need.
• Co-ordinate educational programmes and ensure educational quality with a faculty of trainers.
• Promote and plan for the development of the existing workforce.
The role of SW AHSN in the CEPNs includes:
• Reviewing bid proposals.
• Providing feedback.
• Assisting with next steps.
• Mapping the CEPNs coverage of the geography of the region.
• Resolving any boundary issues to ensure that 100% of GP practices are engaged and included.
• Awarding the HEE funding when appropriate in a phased and timely manner to support the network setup costs.
The programme of work will support and will be linked to other transformational programmes which are ongoing. It will underpin the Primary Care strategies, as well as the Sustainability and Transformation Plans.
More information on the workshop will follow but if you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org